Have you been to a bus stand in Southern Province of Sri Lanka recently? Specially the new bus-stand in Galle? If you did, you might have noticed the new Bus Time Table Display System (TTFace).
I’m thankful to Southern Provincial Road Passenger and Transport Authority (SPRPTA), for the opportunity provided me to develop the above system.
We have come a long way since the first version I gave them for free in 2005. Now the system is in it’s version 3.
- Displays information in 6 rows corresponding to 6 routes at a given time.
- Each row displays multiple routes by rotating them over time.
- In each row, Destination, Via and Route No information is displayed.
- In each row, next two buses and their departure times are displayed of the route.
- For each route, hop information is rotated. For each hop; destination, distance, and fare are displayed.
- In each route, the bottom row displays the entire schedule of the day.
- Displays a text marquee at the bottom. TTFace uses that to display important messages and text advertisements.
- Displays video advertisements.
- Supports, Sinhala, Tamil and English Languages.
- Single computer supports multiple screens.